In today’s fast-paced, team-oriented work environment, functional interpersonal relationships are more important than ever in achieving the organization’s goals, maintaining customer satisfaction, and staying competitive in the new world economy. In “Building Healthier Work Relationships™” you’ll gain tools and insight into the art of relationship management.
Employees who are seriously interested in maintaining, enhancing, or improving important work relationships.
- Improve damaged work relationships.
- Increase your value to the team and the organization.
- Reduce stress and increase productivity.
By the end of this program, you will be able to:
- Explain how new work cultures have impacted traditional work relationships.
- Describe the characteristics of a healthy work relationship.
- Discuss ways to maintain and enhance healthy work relationships.
- Discuss the personal and business costs of unhealthy work relationships.
- Recognize symptoms of a poor work relationship.
- Using simple diagnostic tools, identify the main cause(s) of poor work relationships.
- Demonstrate style-flexing to accommodate different work styles.
- Discuss ways to address mistrust in workplace relationships.
- Explore the concept of the “emotional bank account.”
- Create a Work Relationship Improvement PlanTM to improve an unhealthy work relationship.
1. Work relationships in the new millennium
2. Healthy work relationships
- How to maintain/enhance
3. Unhealthy work relationships
- Counting the costs: personal and business
- Identifying symptoms of a “dis-eased” relationship
- Examining the patients: creating a work relationship profile
- Diagnosing the cause
- Determining the treatment plan: style flexing & other options
- Taking your medicine
- Building and rebuilding trust
- Investing in your “emotional bank account”
5. Creating a Work Relationship Improvement Plan™