Even in difficult times—times of change, fear, and insecurity— It is possible to build trust and improve morale. In this half-day program you will learn proven principles and practices that lead to a positive team climate.
Important program note: The program is intended for people in a supervisory role. It is not an appropriate class for people with no leadership or supervisory responsibilities. It is advisable to have different levels of supervisors in different sections. For example a boss should not attend with his or her subordinate(s). It can be a powerful experience for supervisors from the same department to attend together.
Managers, supervisors, and team leaders—anyone responsible for building and maintaining a positive, productive workplace.
- Greater confidence in your ability to lead in difficult times.
- A more positive, productive workplace.
By the end of this program, you will be able to:
- Recognize the key elements of trust in a work team.
- Explain the 3 trust-building actions every supervisor must take.
- Use an inventory to assess the team climate.
- Identify at least 3 ways to improve trust in your work unit.
- Implement trust-building action plan back on the job.
- The Dynamics of Trust
- What is trust?
- Why is trust important and how does it get lost?
- The benefits of a high-trust climate
- Actions that restore trust
- A Deeper Look at Workplace Trust
- Essential factors for trust to flourish
- Leader behaviors that inspire trust
- Assessing your team’s trust climate
- Building/Sustaining Trust
- Three critical supervisory behaviors
- Assessment of trustworthiness
- First steps and action planning