Even in the most difficult times—times of change, fear, and insecurity— It’s still possible to build trust and improve morale. In this half-day program you will learn proven principles and practices that lead to a positive team climate no matter what the circumstances.
Important program note: The program is intended for people in a supervisory role. It is not an appropriate class for people with no leadership or supervisory responsibilities. It is advisable to have different levels of supervisors in different sections. For example a boss should not attend with his or her subordinate(s). It can be a powerful experience for supervisors from the same department to attend together.
Managers, supervisors, and team leaders—anyone responsible for building and maintaining a positive, productive workplace.
- Greater confidence in your ability to lead in difficult times.
- A more positive, productive workplace.
By the end of this program, you will be able to:
- Recognize the key elements of trust in a work team.
- Use invenories to assess personal trustworthiness and the team climate.
- Identify at least 3 ways to improve trust in your work unit.
- Implement trust-building strategies back on the job to improve relationships with colleagues.
- The Dynamics of Trust
- What is trust
- How trust builds
- Actions that restore trust
- Benefits of a high trust climate
- Workplace Trust
- Competencies and motives that build and sustain trust
- Assessing your team’s trust climate
- What Leaders Can Do to Build and Sustain Trust
- Personal assessment of trustworthiness
- Manage gossip and cliques
- Assess and manage workplace norms
- Create and share your leadership narrative