In this era of uncertainty and loss, people are trying to cope with constantly evolving crisis situations. This class will help anyone deal with anxiety (their own or that of others) due to national crisis or personal crisis.
- Learn the "right timing" for communicating in emotionally charged situations.
- Understand that communicating the "right way" may keep a situation from escalating.
- Learn how to be the most effective in a crisis.
By the end of this program, you will be able to:
- Identify methods for being a positive, proactive influence in a crisis situation.
- Adjust your personality style to meet the needs of another in a crisis situation.
- Understand and handle your own style of coping in a crisis situation.
- Cope and communicate more effectively with the grief and loss associated with crisis - yours and others.
- Crisis model
- Phases of crisis
- Communication techniques
- How different people react to crisis
- How differently personality types handle crisis
- Handling reflex reactions
- Verbal responses and interventions
- Crisis debriefing strategies
- Defusing anger
- Curbing fears
- Handling emotional reactions
- Processing grief
- Coping with loss
- Recovery Stages