Persons interested in developing and maintaining a positive impression/image.
- Be more successful in your professional and personal life.
By the end of this program, you will be able to:
- Describe how people create their impression of you.
- Explain the ways that your nonverbal cues affect others’ reactions.
- List simple, proven strategies for creating a positive impression.
- Identify behaviors that sabotage a positive impression.
- List nonverbal behaviors that send a message of caring, openness, and competence.
- Building a positive impression
- Defining the term
- Understanding the value of impression
- How an impression is created
- High-value nonverbal cues
- Nonverbal turnoffs
- Verbal practice
- Impression management
- The three C’s- caring, competence and cooperation
- Communicating caring
- Listening skills
- Make others winners
- Caring plan
- Creating competence and confidence
- Maintaining credibility
- Clarifying expectations
- Present yourself with power
- Communicating cooperation and teamwork
- Maturity and “hot buttons”
- Giving and receiving criticism
- Individual coaching to create a positive impression/action planning