How we are perceived by others is often affected by factors of which we are not aware or over which we think have no control. In this enlightening half-day program, you will learn how people create impressions of one another and how to ensure the impression you make is the one you want.
Persons interested in developing and maintaining a positive impression/image.
- Be more successful in your professional and personal life.
By the end of this program, you will be able to:
- Describe how people create their impression of you.
- Explain the ways that your nonverbal cues affect others’ reactions.
- List simple, proven strategies for creating a positive impression.
- Identify behaviors that sabotage a positive impression.
- List nonverbal behaviors that send a message of caring, openness, and competence.
- Building a positive impression
- Defining the term
- Understanding the value of impression
- How an impression is created
- High-value nonverbal cues
- Nonverbal turnoffs
- Verbal practice
- Impression management
- The three C’s- caring, competence and cooperation
- Communicating caring
- Listening skills
- Make others winners
- Caring plan
- Creating competence and confidence
- Maintaining credibility
- Clarifying expectations
- Present yourself with power
- Communicating cooperation and teamwork
- Maturity and “hot buttons”
- Giving and receiving criticism
- Individual coaching to create a positive impression/action planning