Employers claim that the ability to think independently and critically is one of the most important factors in determining who gets hired or promoted and who doesn’t. Yet these skills that enable us to make sound judgments, resolve conflicts, solve problems, and achieve goals are rare in today’s workplace.
In this one-day program, you will learn the key elements of critical thinking and be able to put them to work immediately back on the job.
All employees interested in developing the ability to think more clearly, accurately, and objectively.
- Greater confidence in applying logic and objectivity to situations and information.
- Better decision making.
- Clear thinking even in high-pressure situations.
- Greater credibility with management, peers, employees, and customers.
By the end of this program, you will be able to:
- Differentiate among facts, interpretations, and assumptions.
- Identify blocks to rational thinking and how to overcome them.
- Use inductive and deductive reasoning to solve problems.
- Maintain critical thinking even in high-stress situations.
- Resolve to ask more questions.
- Consider more than one perspective.
- How you know what you know
- Facts, interpretation, assumption
- Facts as home base
- Logical thinking
- Sequential thinking
- Deductive and inductive reasoning
- The diamond of logic
- Reasoning fallacies
- Logical dodges
- Logical fallacies
- Thinking on your feet
- Useful habits
- Seeing many perspectives
- The structure of argument
- Premise, evidence, conclusions