In these days of rapid change, economic ups and downs, short staffing, and having to do more with less, it is easy for negativity to arise and to sometimes take hold of the workplace climate. The good news is that there are specific, positive methods you can use to counteract negativity. In this half-day program, you’ll get an overview of these methods and a jumpstart on positive options.
Anyone who would like to learn how to deal successfully with negative people and negative situations.
- Replace workplace negativity with constructive alternatives.
- Build confidence in your ability to diagnose and manage negative people and situations.
- Gain a reputation for successful outcomes when dealing with workplace negativity.
By the end of this program, you will be able to:
- Identify your attitude about negative people.
- List strategies for handling negativity—your own and that of others.
- Describe ways to respond to negative behavior patterns.
- Identify myths about negativity.
- Develop an action plan for a positive response to a negative situation.
1. Understanding negativity
- Causes of negativity
- Consequences of negativity
- Sources of negativity
- How negativity is expressed
2. Understanding attitude
- Definitions of attitude
- Factors affecting attitude
- Techniques to retain a positive attitude
3. Understanding self-esteem
- The difference between self-image and self-esteem
- Self-esteem affects every aspect of your life
- Techniques for building self-esteem
- Enhancing the self-esteem of others
4. Reframing negative thinking
- How to spot negative thinking
- How to handle it in yourself
- How to address it with others
- The ten most common negative behavior patterns