E-mail is more important every day as a means of business communication. It is fast and convenient but often backfires or misses the mark. In this powerful half-day program, you will learn critical writing skills, tips, and techniques necessary for effective, professional e-mail.
Anyone who uses e-mail regularly and would like to increase e-mail effectiveness.
- Clear, concise, error-free messages.
- Messages that achieve their intended goal--the first time!
- A professional image for you and your organization.
By the end of this program, you will be able to:
- Know when to use e-mail.
- Create e-mail messages that get the results you want.
- Explain the different elements of an e-mail and how best to use them.
- Format your message to motivate people to read it.
- Explain what is appropriate for e-mail and what is not.
- List key rules of e-mail etiquette.
- Understand legal issues related to electronic communication.
- An E-Mail Overview
- A Brief History of E-Mail
- Advantages and Disadvantages of E-Mail
- E-Mail Etiquette
- Legal Issues
- Setting the Tone
- Message Contents
- Know your Audience
- Determine the Purpose
- Consider the Medium
- Organizing Your E-Mail
- Using an Inverted Pyramid
- One-Screen Writing
- The Key Elements of an E-Mail
- Replying: Key Do’s and Don’ts
- Forwarding: Key Do’s and Don’ts
- Formatting E-Mail: Key Do’s and Don’ts
Appendix A: Using E-mail as a Management Tool–Key Tips and Techniques