When it comes to communication, experts agree that effective interpersonal communication is the life blood of relationships. They also agree that most of us get no formal training in these critical skills. When you attend Essential Communication Skills, you’ll learn and practice key “people skills” used by top communicators everywhere.
Anyone will benefit from this program.
- Improved relationships.
- Increased productivity.
- Stronger teams, higher morale.
- Less stress.
- Greater job and career satisfaction.
By the end of this program, you will be able to:
- Assess your current communication skill levels.
- Identify and practice powerful communication techniques.
- Identify and overcome barriers to effective listening.
- List the most effective communication techniques to use with a variety of personality types.
- Adjust your style to meet the communication needs of a wide variety of others.
- Assessing Skills
- Common barriers to effective communication
- Reducing/eliminating barriers
- Managing perception
- Steps in effective communication
- Listening skills
- Barriers to effective listening
- Steps in effective listening
- Powerful techniques for improved communication
- Active listening
- Using probes
- “I”-centered communication
- Respectful approaches to others
- Interpersonal skills
- Boundary setting
- Behavioral styles and effective communication
- Personality assessment
- Exercise: Using the right “wavelength” for each style
- Action planning for communication skill development