Effective work relationships are critical to every employee’s success and are essential for building a cohesive workplace. Diversity brings a richness to the workplace and also can pose challenges. In this half-day workshop, you will learn how to be part of a team in a way that fosters empathy and an appreciation for the diverse needs, skills, talents, and contributions of all members.
- Healthy, productive work relationships.
- Greater cooperation.
- High productivity.
- Improved morale.
By the end of this program, you will be able to:
- Define diversity and identify how it impacts the workplace.
- Recognize your attitude toward differences.
- Identify any perception issues that may contribute to diversity problems.
- Listen more effectively to what a person is trying to communicate.
- Devise an action plan to change your personal diversity issues into a positive experience for everyone.
- Develop a positive team concept approach to diversity.
- Defining ways in which people are diverse
- Cultural diversity
- Functional diversity
- Background diversity
- Organizational diversity
- Exercise for identifying distortions
- Methods for overcoming distortions
- Eliminating cultural collisions
- Techniques for Managing Diversity
- Three approaches to diversity
- Solving diversity-based problems
- Steps to a successful diverse workplace
- Action Plan for building an effective, diverse work team