This one-day program introduces participants to emotional intelligence as it relates to leader effectiveness. It is based on cutting-edge brain science coupled with the latest data regarding leadership success factors.
Any individual in a leadership position who would like an understanding of emotional intelligence as it relates to leadership success.
- Greater confidence in your ability to succeed as a leader.
- Improved personal effectiveness and job satisfaction.
By the end of this program, you will be able to:
- Define "Emotional Intelligence" (EQ).
- Explain how EQ relates to leadership success.
- Identify the 8 major competencies of emotionally intelligent leaders.
- Practice selected EQ competencies.
- Identify your EQ strengths and weaknesses and how you might leverage both in the workplace.
- Introduction to EQ
- Key challenges facing workplace leaders today
- What is EQ?
- Top issues in the workplace
- The case for EQ: True skill or “flavor of the month?”
- The Six Seconds EQ Model: Competencies for Workplace Effectiveness
- Brain Soup: the science of EQ
- Emotions are “PUFI”
- The 8 EQ skills (and 2 key EQ tools)
- Know yourself
- Get the data (key tool #1)
- Make sense of the data (key tool #2)
- Recognize patterns
- Apply consequential thinking
- Navigate emotions
- Engage intrinsic motivation
- Increase optimism
- Increase empathy
- Align daily choices with principles and purpose
- EQ assessments
- “Aha” moments
- EQ action planning