This session has been designed to provide a general understanding of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), including the role of the supervisor in carrying out both the letter and the spirit of the law, and in preventing costly litigation for his/her organization.
Any supervisor or manager who is involved in the hiring or firing process.
- Learn "must-know" skills for managers and supervisors responsible for hiring and firing.
- Understand legal guidelines that can prevent costly EEO and Affirmative Action problems.
By the end of this program, you will be able to:
- Distinguish Equal Opportunity from Affirmative Action and Diversity Management.
- Focus on the "similarly situated others" aspect of most EEO investigations.
- Spot ways in which enforcement agencies may stray from the allegations.
- Identify the main issue in an age discrimination case.
- Identify the main issue in a disability discrimination case.
- Determine when a personal appearance complaint becomes a valid discrimination case.
- Analyze a religious discrimination case.
- Spot the key elements of sexual harassment.
- Spot potential institutional discrimintation problems.
- Distinguish between negligent hiring, negligent referral, and negligent retention.
- Spot a request for reasonable accommodation.
- Case Examples & Quizzes