The principles and practices of Ken Blanchard’s classic, The One-Minute Manager, make an excellent addition to any manager’s toolkit. You’ll learn the step-by-step fundamentals in this fast-paced, practical session.
Anyone interested in learning and applying principles and practices outlined in Blanchard's One-Minute Manager.
- Increased management effectiveness.
- Greater confidence in your ability to achieve goals through others.
- Increased credibility and professionalism.
By the end of this program, you will be able to:
- State the three separate conversations required of the One-Minute Manager.
- Describe why each conversation is needed.
- Identify the cue that indicates when each conversation should be held.
- List the easy-to-use steps of each conversation.
- Management makes a difference
- Review of the performance management cycle and how the One-Minute Manager helps
- What research tells us about effective leaders
- Employee attitudes that impact bottom-line results
- How management supports (and hinders) employee effectiveness
- An overview of the One-Minute Manager
- The background to the One-Minute Manager
- Qualities of effective manager-employee conversations
- One-minute praising: reinforcing good performance and showing appreciation
- One-minute coaching: improving substandard performance
- Steps to delivering the three conversations with impact
- Preparing and planning for contingencies
- The well-planned agenda, in 60 seconds or less
- Dealing with surprises
- Learning and getting feedback for improvement
- Applying the One-Minute Manager