Today, more than ever before, organizations are under tight scrutiny and being held to higher standards of behavior. It is critical that employees be well versed in ethics and ethical behavior. Understanding and practicing proven ethical decision-making techniques will not only reduce the organization’s risk of scandals and lawsuits, it will also improve morale and instill a sense of pride.
This program is also available as an organization-wide initiative that can be rolled out quickly to all employees. As part of the initiative we will work with you to develop or refine your organization’s code of conduct, help surface potential problems, and make recommendations for keeping ethics awareness alive after the initial training.
- Avoid organization and personal liability.
- Greater confidence in your ability to stay within ethical guidelines.
- Increased professionalism.
- Increased personal value to the organization.
By the end of this program, you will be able to:
- Understand what is meant by “ethics" and "standards of conduct".
- Identify the benefits of acting ethically and following standards of conduct.
- Understand and apply core ethical principles.
- Use common tools for ethical decision making.
- Spot ethical problems in your work environment.
- Introduction and pre-workshop inventory
- Definition of key terms
- Professional standards of conduct
- Ethical behavior
- Ethical or unethical?–putting what you’ve learned to work in case studies
- Handling challenges and concerns
- Post-Workshop Ethics Inventory