Important meetings such as strategic planning sessions, board retreats, annual meetings, focus groups, and problem-solving meetings have a much better chance of being successful with the use of a trained facilitator.
Some of the benefits of using a trained facilitator include:
- An impartial third party to encourage open discussion.
- Creating a safe environment for all participants.
- Help in defining key issues.
- Keeping the discussion focused on what is most important.
- Help with developing action plans.
- Breaking a large issue down into smaller, achievable steps.
- Help in creating accountability.