Information is every organization’s most basic and essential asset. Like any other asset, recorded information must be professionally managed. Effective records management ensures information can be easily accessed and, when no longer needed, purged on a routine basis. An effective system enables organizations to function smoothly and fulfill legal and financial requirements at the same time.
Office managers, administrative assistants, business owners—anyone who needs to manage paperwork.
- Increased efficiency, effectiveness, and accountability.
- Rapid Record Retrieval.
- Reduced administrative costs.
- Compliance with legislative and regulatory requirements.
By the end of this program, you will be able to:
- Describe the benefits and purpose of filing and records management.
- Set up (or enhance) and effective filing and records management system.
- Describe methods for purging materials from your system.
- List methods for reducing clutter.
- Choose the correct filing equipment.
- Describe ways to use technology to save time, money, and space.
- Assessment of current practices
- Facts to support the need for good record keeping
- Eight considerations for keeping records
- Five methods of filing
- Rules for computer filing
- Preparing for the storage of records
- Controlling documents in storage
- Retention of home records