As a manager/supervisor, you are responsible for the “staffing” function of your organization. Most managers spend a small percentage of their time conducting selection interviews. Some may only engage in this process once or twice a year. However, this does not lessen the importance of the function. Skills in effective selection interviewing are necessary in order to hire the right person for the job. The goal of this session is to help you improve your interviewing skills.
By the end of this program, you will be able to:
- Prepare for vacancies
- Screen resumes and applications
- Plan and ask behavorial questions
- Conduct effective interviews
- Evaluate candidates
- Check references
- Abide by all state and federal hiring guidelines.
- Three Steps for Effective Hiring Decisions
- Step 1: Prepare
- Step 2: Conduct the Interview
- Step 3: Evaluate the Interview
- How can I apply Today’s Information