Today “people skills” are as important as technical skills when it comes to getting ahead on the job. In How to Get Along with People You Don’t Like (and Why Bother©), you will learn tips and techniques for rising above negative feelings and for building productive work relationships–even with people you don’t like.
Employees who would like to be known for getting along with a wide variety of people, even people they don’t like.
- Build a reputation for good people skills.
- Reduce stressful interactions.
- Increase job satisfaction.
By the end of this program, you will be able to:
- Identify why you feel the way you do about certain people.
- Respond positively and openly to people you don’t like.
- Handle difficult relationships proactively rather than reactively.
- Choose a new attitude when dealing with someone you don’t like.
- Develop an action plan for dealing more effectively with someone you don’t like.
- “Why Bother?”
- Personal benefits
- Professional benefits
- Managing “knee-jerk” reactions
- Typical reactions to people we don’t like
- What triggers these reactions”
- How to get control over reactions
- Internal controls
- External controls
- Developing “take charge” skills
- Action planning