When received early-on in an individual’s career, a solid overview of the HR environment can eliminate a costly trial-and-error approach. In this comprehensive one-day program, participants will learn all they need to know to get off on the right foot in their new role.
Individuals who are new to their support role in human resources or who have been on the job for a while but would like the benefit of formal HR training.
- Enhance job performance by understanding the purpose, direction, and legal constraints of the HR function.
- Gain confidence, productivity, and work satisfaction.
- Make a valuable support contribution to the organization in your HR support role.
By the end of this program, you will be able to:
- Understand and outline the typical roles, responsibilities, structures, and activities of HR–and where you fit in.
- Explain how to avoid violating legal, policy, or ethical guidelines.
- Describe the many aspects of the total HR function, including strategy and responsibility to the organization.
- Establish the knowledge base necessary to begin building a career in HR.
1. Overview of HR roles and technical function areas
2. HR Law Overview
- Pay, timekeeping, recordkeeping, and retention
- Leave and other time off
- Discipline and termination
3. Recruiting and staffing
4. Orientation and training
5. Performance management
6. Rewards and compensation
7. Employee relations
8. Effectiveness and metrics
9. HR career considerations