As support individuals become more established in the HR field, training in the larger issues and trends is helpful. In this one-day program participants will be introduced to concepts and skills that will further increase their value to the department and the organization.
More established HR support professionals who would like a broader understanding of the HR function.
- Contribute ideas and processes that work by understanding the department’s needs.
- Avoid organization and personal liability by understanding the HR function, along with its issues and constraints.
- Represent HR effectively to the organization and its employees.
- Gain confidence, productivity, and job satisfaction at work.
- Build a solid base for a career in HR.
By the end of this program, you will be able to:
- Explain your job functions and other HR responsibilities, including how to set goals and measure effectiveness.
- Apply legal, ethical, and policy constraints to typical HR issues and concerns.
- Discuss current trends in HR technical specialties, as well as compliance “hot buttons.”
- Develop resources and networks to support your career.
1. HR: Its past, present, and future
2. HR law review
- Compliance issues with pay, timekeeping, recordkeeping, and retention
- Avoiding claims of discrimination
- Most common OSHA violations
- Issues in the administration of time off
- Concerns with discipline and termination
3. Best practices in HR: Plan, implement, and measure in HR
- Recruiting and staffing basics
- Training and development
- Performance management
- Compensation and benefits