Lots of time can be wasted in trying to get others to do what you want them to do. It’s a little easier if you’re the “boss,” but even for the person in charge, positive influence can be tricky. In this practical, powerful session, learn tips, techniques, and a proven model that will boost your influencing abilities immediately.
Anyone interested in improving his or her ability to persuade and motivate others.
- Increased personal power.
- Greater confidence in your ability to persuade and motivate others.
- Greater productivity and faster goal achievement.
By the end of this program, you will be able to:
- Define influence and where it comes from.
- Identify barriers to effective influence.
- Identify and use a proven influence model.
- Choose the best influencing approach for a particular situation.
- Discuss real-life situations that require influence on the job.
- Design an approach to influence a real-life situation.
- What is “influence
- Situations you may face where influence is essential
- Everyday conflict
- Relating to your boss
- Relating to team members
- Managing change
- Promoting new ideas
- Communication: personal and e-mail
- Defining your sphere of influence
- Direct power
- Direct influence
- Indirect power
- No power/influence
- Influence model
- Introduction of different influence approaches
- When to use each approach
- Case studies of when and how to use the model
- The right words for influencing
- Temperament types
- Group situations
- Five questions for preparing for effective influence
- Building your personal influence strategy