Are you thinking about becoming a supervisor? In this practical session, you will gain an understanding of the supervisor’s role in an organization including the positive and “negative” aspects of supervision. You will assess your own skills and preferences to decide whether or not supervision is for you.
Any employee who is interested in or anticipates promotion to a supervisory role.
- An informed career choice.
- Greater job satisfaction.
- A shorter learning curve if you choose to become a supervisor.
By the end of this program, you will be able to:
- Better understand the supervisor's role within the organization.
- Explain important best practices for successful front-line supervision.
- Determine if the role of supervisor is a good fit.
- Identify at least one strategy to increase professional and personal effectiveness in the workplace.
- Develop a plan of action tailored to personal career goals.
- Basic principles of effective supervision
- Testing out the four supervisory functions
- Your leadership style
- Assumptions about people
- What really counts
- Supervisory Temperament
- Analyzing your work values
- Actions that enhance your promote-ability
- Leadership Transitions
- Transition challenges
- Four strategies for successful transitions
- Application and action plan