In this powerful workshop, you will learn about Kouzes and Posner’s groundbreaking work identifying five critical leadership practices used by successful leaders. You’ll have the opportunity to assess yourself and get feedback from colleagues and direct reports on your use of these practices. You and five others in your organization will complete the Leadership Practices Inventory (LPI). A summary feedback report will be generated and shared with you. Using the feedback, you will be able to capitalize on your strengths and develop an action plan for boosting practices needing development.
Managers, supervisors, team leaders, and members of self-directed teams.
- Greater confidence in your role as a leader/manager.
- Increased team effectiveness and morale.
- A more positive, productive workplace.
By the end of this program, you will be able to:
- Identify behaviors that characterize exemplary leadership.
- Identify your personal leadership strengths and weaknesses.
- Get feedback about how others in your organization view your leadership style.
- Identify areas to improve your leadership practices.
- Develop an action plan for becoming a better leader.
- The five critical leadership practices
- Qualities of the outstanding leader
- The Kouzes and Posner research
- Exercises on each of the five critical leadership practices.
- The Leadership Practices Inventory
- Discussion of the leadership practices areas
- Plotting your results
- Interpreting your results
- Identifying leadership strengths and weaknesses
- Action Planning