There are proven techniques that, when practiced consistently, lead to a positive workplace where trust, cooperation, and productivity are the norm. In this half-day program, you’ll learn best practices used by top leaders to build healthy, productive work environments.
Managers, supervisors, and others interested in boosting leadership effectiveness.
- Greater confidence in your role as leader/manager.
- Increased team effectiveness and morale.
- A more positive, productive workplace.
By the end of this program, you will be able to:
- Outline the values that foster positive leadership and workplaces.
- Discuss the steps and considerations in ethical decision making.
- Discuss the differences between leadership and management responsibilities.
- Give examples of clear communication and what is meant by communicating with discretion.
- Name key strategies for getting things done.
- Discuss proven methods for preventing team problems.
- Describe techniques for effectively confronting and dealing with difficult people.
- Can leadership be taught?
- You’re a leader and a manager
- Open, honest and supportive = Trust
- What people want
- What are you rewarding?
- The pyramid of success
- Ethical decision making
- Getting things done
- Communication ground rules
- Avoiding team problems
- When dealing with conflict
- Leadership and Management Quiz
- Open, Honest and Supportive Team Values