In today’s fast-paced and rapidly-changing work environment, managers at all levels are charged with the responsibility of implementing change. Dealing with change can be daunting-everyone is familiar with the line “We tried that once, but it didn’t work.”
The good news is that change can be successfully managed with a solid understanding of the dynamics of change and by using proven leadership techniques in dealing with them.
In this half-day program, you’ll learn everything you need to know to implement change with a minimum of pushback and a maximum of success.
By the end of this program, you will be able to:
- Explore the nature of change and resistance to change.
- Identify common ractions to changae and ways to deal with it.
- Identify mistakes in managing change.
- Building trust in the work environment.
- Identify the steps required for effectively managing change.
- What is change?
- The facts of change
- The changing nature of change
- Consider these three facts
- Change Journey
- The change curve model
- Phase One – Denial
- Phase Two – Resistance
- Phase Three – Exploration
- Phase Four – Commitment
- Why do people resist change
- Building trust in the work environment
- Actions leading to mistrust
- Giving employees ownership during exploration
- Tips to leading positive change
- Suggestions for managing trust and change