One of the most sought-after workplace skills is an understanding and application of project management principles in everyday work. In this program you’ll learn and capitalize on the basic concepts used by successful project managers everywhere. You’ll gain a general understanding of the project life cycle, project management tools, and key communication techniques for keeping a project on track.
Anyone will benefit from this introductory program.
- Project completed on time and with high quality.
- Daily operations carried out with less stress and greater impact.
- A personal reputation for achievement and reliability.
By the end of this program, you will be able to:
- List the 5 most important characteristics of project management.
- Describe and use the 7 steps of a project life cycle, from action goal(s) to project completion.
- Show the relationship between projects and continuous improvement.
- Use effective management and oversight techniques.
- Understand and use basic project management tools to hold yourself and other project team members accountable.
- Apply effective team problem solving and decision making skills.
- Deal effectively with project team conflict by staying goal-focused.
- Use effective communication to build project team relationships for better project results.
- An introduction: What makes a project meaningful?
- The characteristics of project management
- The project life cycle from a clear goal to completion
- The creative process of project goal setting
- Using effective management and oversight techniques to ensure quality project completion
- Holding the project team accountable using common project management tools
- Recruiting project team members
- The dynamics of project team problem solving and decision making
- Managing project team conflict
- Putting it all together with effective communication