When things “fall apart” and you feel like you are in free-fall or if change is so fast you can’t seem to get a plan in place, there ARE things you can do to feel more in control. In this powerful one-day workshop, you’ll learn proven techniques to help regroup and move forward.
Anyone dealing with uncertain situations or who would like to be prepared when faced with uncertain situations will benefit from this program.
- Greater confidence in your ability to deal with crises and uncertain situations.
- Less stress in difficult times.
- Focused thinking for more effective problem solving.
By the end of this program, you will be able to:
- List and practice the 5 action steps for managing uncertainty and crisis situations.
- Assess a situation and clearly define possible outcomes.
- Generate an action plan for each possible outcome.
- Describe methods for staying grounded and focused under the pressure of crisis or uncertainty.
- Reduce the impact of emotional behavior that originates from crisis and uncertainty.
- Help others deal more effectively with uncertainty and crisis situations.
- Facing uncertainty
- Defining the situation
- Determining where the uncertainty is coming from
- Identifying possible outcomes
- Managing a situation to avoid a bigger problem or crisis
- The crisis model
- Phases of crisis
- The fear continuum
- Assessing obstacles, making choices
- The survival kit for staying grounded and focused
- The emotional model
- Managing emotions, keeping them functional
- How to stay positive and realistic under pressure
- How to communicate without defensiveness
- Coping strategies that will lead you into the future
- Reducing the impact of uncertainty and crisis situations
- How to help others deal with uncertainty and crisis
- Avoiding “sympathy trauma” when helping others cope
- Techniques for reducing tension and anxiety caused by uncertainty or crisis
- Summary and action planning