We are all bombarded by rapid change, and there’s really no stopping it—it’s here to stay. So if we’re stuck with it, we might as well be good at it! In this half-day workshop we’ll use videos, discussion, and change exercises to explore strategies for helping you and your organization manage change with grace and ease.
Anyone who would like to deal more effectively with the massive changes and stressors that characterize today’s world.
- Greater confidence in your ability to deal with change.
- Increased flexibility and sense of control.
- Less stress and greater productivity.
- A reputation for aligning quickly with new organizational needs and realities.
By the end of this program, you will be able to:
- Identify reasons why we resist change.
- Identify four stages in adapting to change.
- Identify destructive reactions to change.
- Explore your own change style.
- Practice positive strategies for responding to change.
- Explore steps in planning for change.
- Identify when to assert yourself with change and when to let it go.
- Identify strategies for dealing with your frustration in a way that doesn’t sabotage your position or credibility.
I. Introduction and needs assessment
II. Realistic and unrealistic expectations about organizational change
A. How the world of work is changing
B. The importance of dealing gracefully with change
III. Video “Managing Change”
IV. Dealing with Change
A. The normal adaptation process
B. Negative strategies for dealing with change
C. Constructive ways to deal with frustration
D. Positive strategies for dealing with change
E. Asking for what you need
V. The tree stages of transition
A. Dealing with the 5 d’s -disengagement, disidentification, disenchantment, disorientation, dismantling
B. Letting go
C. Stress management during transition
D. Making a new beginning
VI. Proactively planning for change
A. Preparing other for change
B. Getting people involved in the change process