If the thought of speaking in front of others makes your blood run cold, you are not alone. Many people have the same fear. Unfortunately, fear of public speaking can adversely impact your career, personal life, and academic achievements. In this full-day session you will learn powerful techniques for overcoming anxiety and becoming a confident public speaker.
Anyone whose anxiety about public speaking is a barrier to career and personal fulfillment.
- Greater comfort with being “on stage.”
- Presentations that are delivered with a calm, poised style.
- Fewer symptoms of anxiety such as shaking hands and a quivering voice.
- Enhanced career opportunities.
By the end of this program, you will be able to:
- Identify negative effects that hamper your ability to come across as professional.
- List self-talk statements that create or control uncomfortable physical effects.
- Describe ways to replace irrational and limiting beliefs about your presentation with affirming, positive beliefs.
- Practice presenting in escalated amounts of time to slowly build comfort and confidence.
- Understanding physical effects of stage fright
- Positive “natural” effects
- Nervous “stress” effects–how internal messages cause external effects
- Increasing positive self-talk
- Strategies for controlling stage fright
- Before your presentation
- Systematic desensitization
- During your presentation
- Practice Exercises and Action Planning