Making the transition from peer to supervisor can be a difficult challenge. In this half-day program you’ll learn all you need to know about common transition problems and how to avoid them.
Anyone who has just been promoted to supervisor and would like a smooth transition.
- Less stress for yourself and others when assuming a supervisory role.
- Greater confidence in your ability to avoid common pitfalls of a newly promoted supervisor.
By the end of this program, you will be able to:
- Identify the common challenges of the transition to supervisor.
- Utilize a role clarification dialogue to build new relationships with your team.
- Avoid common mistakes in the transition process.
- Utilize strategies for creating clear boundaries with employees who were once peers.
- Develop strategies for dealing with employees who resent your role as supervisor.
- Utilize techniques for dealing with your team when you’ve replaced a popular supervisor.
- Help your team get back on track when you are replacing a difficult supervisor.
- Initiate a dialogue about problems.
1. Challenges of the newly promoted supervisor
2. Common transition mistakes and how to avoid them
3. Establishing a dialogue to clarify roles and establish trust
4. Establish clear boundaries when “changing hats”
5. Common transition difficulties and how to deal with them
- Employees who resent your new role
- Nostalgia for the old supervisor
- Leftover pain from a previous supervisor
- The “out of control” team
- Supervising close personal friends
6. Initiate a dialogue when things are not going well