When done well, coaching, the second step in the performance management cycle, can greatly improve the productivity and morale of individuals and work teams. In this half-day program you will learn the powerful techniques of coaching for improved performance and enhanced motivation.
By the end of this program, you will be able to:
- Explain the difference between coaching, counseling, and discipline.
- Describe the three causes of performance problems.
- Explain when and how to provide performance feedback.
- Apply a powerful 6-step coaching technique in a coaching conversation.
- Utilize a coaching checklist and conversation worksheet as coaching job aids.
- Practice "getting to agreement" when addressing a performance issue.