For you as a supervisor, motivation and delegation will be key management tools for getting work done through others. In this powerful half-day workshop you will learn specific skills to enhance your effectiveness in these two key areas.
By the end of this program, you will be able to:
- Explain the key steps of delegation.
- Identify appropriate tasks to delegate.
- Practice specific recognition techniques.
- Customize your approach for delegating and motivating individual employees.
- Delegation–a foundational skill for supervisors
- What tasks can a supervisor delegate?
- Preparation: the key to a successful handoff
- The delegation conversation
- Workplace Motivation
- Characteristics of motivation
- Contemporary methods of workplace motivation
- What research tells us about motivation
- The supervisor’s role in employee motivation
- Start with effective praise
- Assessing and addressing motivational needs