Often the most important work a supervisor or manager performs is in one-to-one discussions with “problem” employees. These sessions are often concerned with resolving performance problems and/or conflict. Successful resolution of these situations can increase productivity, improve morale, reduce employee turnover, and avoid grievances.
By the end of this program, you will be able to:
- Identify the necessary components of a disciplinary system.
- Understand and apply the concept of "due process."
- Take appropriate disciplinary action.
- Build support from your boss and chain of command.
- Describe common mistakes in disciplinary actions and how to avoid them.
- Use disciplinary and corrective action as a supervisory tool to enhance employee performance.
- Document employee behavior and disciplinary actions.