This workshop is designed to help you develop a working understanding of the performance management cycle which will enhance management skills by providing a foundation for effective mentoring, coaching, and performance discussions. This session will review the performance management cycle and provide an opportunity to write performance standards, the basis of all performance discussions.
By the end of this program, you will be able to:
- Define and describe the performance management cycle.
- Compose performance expectations for current job functions.
- Create standards of professionalism.
- Identify methods to support employee performance.
- Summarize methods that promote a successful evaluation discussion.
- What is Performance Management?
- The Key Step: Planning for Success
- How to create performance expectations
- Professionalism as an expectation
- Expectations and Appraisal Forms
- Monitoring Success through Discussion
- Successful Appraisal Conversations