The thought of a job interview can be daunting and stressful, but there are steps you can take ahead of time that will help you build confidence as well as put your best foot forward.
Anyone can attend this session.
By the end of this program, you will be able to:
- Deliver a positive and genuine personal narrative of your life and work.
- List specific ideas for projecting competence, confidence and approachability.
- Describe methods for preparing for and answering the most common interview questions.
- Refocus and redirect questions if the interview gets off track.
- Use an interview preparation checklist to make sure you've covered all bases.
- Standards of Work Place Interviews
- The Focus: You As An Employee
- Presentation of Self
- Assessing and Managing Your Energy Levels
- Developing Appropriate Eye Contact and Posture
- The Dos and Don’ts of Word Use and Grammar
- Creating a Strong First Impression: Greeting and The Handshake
- Summarizing Your Resume
- Tips About How to Effectively Talk about Yourself
- Interview Readiness
- The 10 Most Common Interview Questions and How to Answer Them
- The Winning Method for Answering Behavioral Questions
- Review a Checklist to Make Sure You have Covered All Your Bases