Be sure to register early as this class has limited enrollment and fills up quickly!
Today almost any employee may be called upon to speak before a group. It can be at a team meeting, a budget review session, a board meeting, or a large public event. Regardless of the circumstances, it is important to use the best form possible. In this one-day professional development event you will learn the fundamental presentation techniques used by successful speakers everywhere.
— “Very knowledgeable instructor!” (more)
For the Zoom version of Presentation Skills, presented by Laura Royal, content and activities have been adapted to the virtual format, but all content will be covered. Several days before the class, participants will receive an invitation email. It will contain a link for joining the session along with other relevant information and instructions. If you would like assistance in preparing for a Zoom session, please don’t hesitate to contact us at 480-967-7544, x3 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Anyone who makes or will make presentations as part of his/her responsibilities.
- Project a polished, professional image “on stage.”
- Feel confident and less stressed when speaking in public.
- Develop a reputation for interesting, engaging presentations.
By the end of this program, you will be able to:
- Plan and organize information so it can be presented in the most effective manner.
- Use techniques to open and close a presentation that engage the audience and create interest about the topic.
- Identify visual tools that maximize the message.
- Develop strategies for a more effective speaking style.
- Preparing a Presentation
- What is your message: Planning the topic
- Organizing content to maximize message effectiveness
- Considering audience’s needs
- Dynamic introductions
- Effective transitions
- Memorable conclusions
- Materials and Equipment
- Enhance Retention with Effective Visual Aids
- Other Considerations for Virtual Presentations
- Dealing Effectively with Q and A
- Platform Skills
- Posture/gestures in-person and virtual
- Voice quality and eye contact in-person and virtual
- Managing your anxiety
- Practice (Participants will give a short presentation)