Sending out well-composed documents free of error is critical to the credibility of individuals and organizations. In this half-day session, you’ll learn tips and techniques for ensuring a professional image in all written communication.
Anyone who is responsible for error-free documentation or supports management and others by editing memos, letters, or reports.
- Project a positive, professional image in all written communication.
- Save time and ensure document quality.
- Increased confidence in your ability as a writer.
By the end of this program, you will be able to:
- Explain the practical differences between rewriting, editing, and proofreading.
- Understand your personal proofreading strengths and weaknesses.
- Choose a proofreading method that works best for you.
- Explain where most errors occur.
- Manage your time and work space to proofread more effectively.
- Increase speed and accuracy in finding errors.
- The difference between proofreading and editing
- How to use a spell check and grammar checker
- Proofreading methods
- Commonly missed errors
- Finding internal errors in sentences and punctuation problems
- Proofreading practice for errors in:
- Spacing and other formatting issues