We can’t change those we work with or for. And we can’t always change the things we don’t like about our jobs. But what we can do is change our approach and lead by example to try to create the workplace and job we always wanted. This session is about controlling what we can control and making small changes that can have a big impact over time. You will hear stories and watch videos of people who put this principle into action.
By the end of this program, you will be able to:
- Explain how you work for yourself even when you work for someone else.
- Describe how having an entrepreneurial mindset leads to more engagement, empowerment, and enjoyment on the job.
- Demonstrate “compound improvement” by finding small changes you can make that will lead to things being better at work.
- Instead of complaining, come up with workable ideas and sell them to others.
- Use the “power of now” to leverage current conditions.