With teamwork becoming a key business strategy in today’s organizations, becoming a solid team player is one of the key elements of career success. In this half-day workshop, you will learn about what teamwork is and how to enhance your skills as a team player.
Anyone who works on a team or will be working on a team and would like to increase his/her skills as a team player.
- Increased personal and team productivity.
- Increased confidence in your skills as a team player.
- Greater cooperation from others.
By the end of this program, you will be able to:
- Identify the characteristics of outstanding and ineffective teams.
- Identify normal stages of team development and the position of your current team.
- List benefits of team organizations.
- Identify the five foundations of a high-performance team.
- Explore skills required in a team organization and perform a self-assessment.
- Develop an action plan for optimal functioning in a team.
- Introductions and team exercises
- Characteristics of outstanding and ineffective teams
- Teams vs. collections of individuals
- Benefits of teams
- Team development: Where does your team fit?
- Changes required of team organizations
- Team member skills
- Questionnaire (self-rated)
- Demonstration/practice in giving and receiving criticism
- Building common goals, mutual respect, and clear communication in teams
- Exploring barriers to teamwork
- Developing a team skills action plan