Your value to the boss and the organization increases greatly with your ability to demonstrate certain attitudes, skills, and abilities. In this one-day program, you’ll learn what counts most with managers and will practice tips and techniques that will ensure your professional development is headed in the right direction.
Administrative and executive assistants, and other office support professionals.
- Increased professionalism and credibility.
- Greater efficiency, less stress, greater job satisfaction.
- An image of reliability and “big picture” orientation.
- A reputation for good people skills and the ability to deal effectively with office politics.
By the end of this program, you will be able to:
- List characteristics of top-ranked assistants.
- Explain how time management and organizational skills affect your image.
- Practice the key steps in active listening.
- Use assertive techniques and influencing skills to deal more effectively in challenging situations.
- List important steps in managing change.
- Use effective decision-making and problem-solving techniques to increase your value to the organization.
- Take specific actions to deal successfully with office politics.
- Understanding the challenges of today’s workplace and seeing the big picture
- Making the most of your time
- Five ways to communicate
- Importance of good listening
- Assertiveness and how to use it effectively in challenging situations
- Managing change: grace under fire
- A simple tool for making decisions and solving problems
- Minding your T’s and Q’s