At one time it was thought that being optimistic or pessimistic was entirely a matter of genetics. We know now that a positive attitude can be learned and cultivated. In Thinking Optimistically, you’ll learn the powerful techniques for developing an optimistic outlook and enjoying all the benefits it can bring.
Anyone who would like to experience the benefits of an optimistic attitude.
- Get more of what you want out of life.
- Recover from setbacks and tragedies more quickly and more completely.
- Improve your physical health and mental outlook.
- Increase your productivity.
- Be the kind of person others like to be around.
By the end of this program, you will be able to:
- Assess your thinking style—optimist or pessimist?
- List the 12 characteristics of optimists.
- Explain the benefits of changing your thinking style.
- Outline the characteristics of positive change.
- Practice the ABC method to increase control over your thinking.
- Identify your explanatory style and learn how to argue with yourself.
- Understand how to live happily ever laughter.
1. Explore the twelve characteristics of optimists
- How to see yourself as a problem solver
- Looking for multiple options/anticipating problems
- Seeing the good in bad situations
2. Basics of Optimism
- Benefits to changing how you think
- Discovering characteristics of positive change
3. ABC’s to increase control over the way you think
- Identify your explanatory style
- Learn how to argue with yourself
4. Learn how to live happily ever laughter
5. Action Planning