Transitioning into a leader role requires learning new skills, acquiring new habits and values, as well as updating your understanding of how you fit in and contribute to the larger organization. This program will help you make the transition smoothly and quickly. Through group discussion and case studies you will have an opportunity to identify and practice effective methods for dealing with common transition challenges.
(Note: In addition to all-new and expanded content, this program includes material formerly delivered as “Peer to Boss without the Fallout.”)
Employees who have recently been promoted to a leader role such as front-line supervisor or lead. (Individuals who will soon be promoted or would like to be promoted at some point will find this program valuable as well.)
- Greater confidence in your ability to avoid common pitfalls of a newly-promoted supervisor.
- A smoother, faster, and more successful transition from employee to supervisor or lead.
By the end of this program, you will be able to:
- Explain the difference between the role of the leader and the role of the supervisor.
- Identify and describe the 7 proven strategies for enhancing your leader status.
- Discuss the common challenges of the transition to supervisor and methods for dealing with them.
- Create a personal plan of action for improving or developing your leader competencies.
- Explain the importance to your career of positioning yourself as a leader (not just a supervisor).
- The role of the supervisor
- Leadership vs management skills–defining, comparing, contrasting
- Leadership transitions–7 strategies for smoothing the way
- Define your path forward by establishing a clear plan of action
- Application and mastery–case studies