PSL266 6.0 Combinable 0.53
One 8-hour session
Any employee in a public contact role.
- Learn recent statistics about violence in the workplace.
- Know how to identify and defuse potentially violent individuals and situations.
By the end of this program, you will be able to:
- Describe the profile of potentially violent people.
- Identify the warning signs that violent actions are about to occur.
- List intervention techniques that avert violence.
- List verbal and nonverbal strategies that reduce the chance of violent acts.
- Describe methods of dealing with personal fears/anxieties about dealing with violent individuals.
- Explain how to implement programs that reduce the potential for violence in a specific workplace.
- Factors precipitating violence
- Human needs
- The profile of potentially violent people
- Behavior patterns
- Warning signs of violence
- Verbal signs
- Nonverbal warning signs
- Intervention techniques
- Verbal and nonverbal responses
- Empathic listening
- Stress reduction– yours and theirs
- Handling personal fears/anxieties
- Reflex reactions
- Control reactions
- Ongoing programs for violence reduction