This program was developed to provide immediate help to individuals who write and design slide presentations for themselves or others. It focuses on the techniques that will deliver a compelling story that blends clear writing with informative graphics. Participants will learn how to “deep-dive” into content to ensure clarity and maximum impact.
Anyone who prepares slide presentations for themselves or others.
- Increased confidence in your ability to communicate effectively through slide presentations.
- Greater productivity in meetings where slide presentations are employed.
- An enhanced reputation for professionalism in presentation settings.
By the end of this program, you will be able to:
- Understand why information presented in PowerPoint/Keynote software needs to look and read differently than a textbook or report.
- Create a content summary statement for a slide presentation.
- Capture ideas that help you develop key speaking points.
- Develop a logical hierarchy of information for your specific audience.
- Use basic design tools to develop visually interesting and engaging slides.
- Critically appraise visuals for use in your presentation.
- Introduction and overview
- PowerPoint–what it can do, what it should do
- The three basic skills needed for PowerPoint
- Group exercise
- Presentations are primarily written documents
- Planning is critical
- What’s your purpose
- What does your reader need
- 10 common mistakes and how to avoid them
- The first secret to creativity
- The second secret to creativity
- Build your story step-by-step
- Storyboard sample
- Steps in developing your story
- Identifying themes and hierarchy
- Now it’s time for software
- Slide design that holds attention
- Rule of Thirds
- Presentations need presenters
- Review and final exercise