Attitude is a powerful factor in determining how your life goes and how others see you. It can make or break your career. It can make or break a relationship. It can spell the difference between a life of joy and satisfaction and one of disappointment and unfulfilled potential.
The good news is that attitude is a matter of choice and can be learned. There are proven skills for building and maintaining a positive attitude.
Any employee interested in exploring how “attitude” affects his/her life and how it can be changed if desired.
- Greater satisfaction in your work and personal life.
- Increased personal success.
- Greater self-confidence.
- Less stress.
- More control when dealing with day-to-day challenges.
- Greater cooperation from others.
By the end of this program, you will be able to:
- Describe how choice affects your attitude.
- Define a “positive attitude” and why it is important.
- Identify and transform common negative attitudes.
- Use techniques to keep from catching negativity from others.
- Use 10 methods for creating positive thinking in your life.
1. Exploring attitude and emotion
- What is affected by your attitude
- The impact of attitude on your life
- Attitude assessment
2. Working with negative thinking
- Seven ways in which we create self-defeating attitudes
- Analyzing habitual patterns
- Methods for changing negative patterns
3. Managing anger
- Impact of anger on the heart
- Unplugging hot buttons
- Dealing with criticism
- Protecting yourself
4. The courage to change
- Positive focus and self-esteem
- Taking care of yourself and having fun
- Giving to others
- Putting things in perspective
- Choosing your strategy