Conflict, Confrontation, and CommunicationEssential "People Skills" for Today's Workplace
In today’s challenging and busy work environment, interpersonal conflict is almost certain to occur. When conflict arises, our emotions sometimes get the better of us, and we do or say things that make matters worse.
In this fast-paced workshop, you will learn proven techniques to help you communicate effectively during conflict and approach difficult situations with confidence.
— “Class engagement was amazing. Great examples with real-world application.” (more)
Length: One 8-hour session
Who Should Attend: All employees will benefit from attending this class.
- Improved relationships.
- Increased productivity.
- Less stress.
- Greater job and career satisfaction.
- Increased value to your organization.
By the end of this program, you will be able to:
- Describe the major causes of conflict.
- Describe the different levels of conflict.
- List effective ways to confront conflict.
- List techniques for controlling emotions when confronting conflict.
- Demonstrate the most effective communication techniques for conflict resolution.
- The emotion of conflict
- The relationship-building model
- 10 suggestions for resolving conflict
- Dealing with conflict in problem solving and decision making
- How to communicate effectively during conflict
- How to deal with emotional people during conflict
- Dealing with your own emotions during conflict
- Chronic anger and stress
- Handling conflict associated with change
- Summary and action planning
Jim Temme is the owner of an international training and consulting firm. Jim specializes in the areas of productivity enhancement, team building, conflict resolution, stress management, customer service, and basic management skills.
Bring This Training To Your Site!
Any AGTS class can be customized and brought on-site to your organization.
For more information on this option call 480-967-7544, x3 (800-970-1270, x3 outside the Phoenix Metro area) or email our Custom Training Specialist.