Modern Practices in Grammar and Punctuation(Formerly Business English and Grammar Review)
Busy professionals tell us they would like to feel more confident about their written communication, but they don’t have a lot of time to spend in the classroom. They know that accuracy is critical to their image and to maintaining a competitive edge, but the thought of pouring over complex rules holds them back. The good news is it doesn’t have to be that way!
In this powerful one-day seminar, you’ll learn the most important tips and techniques that will deliver maximum, immediate payoff. You’ll learn critical points of grammar, sentence structure, punctuation, and spelling in an engaging and enjoyable way.
— “This class was very enjoyable and informative. I learned how to structure a good sentence and apply updated grammar practices in my work.” (more)
Length: One 8-hour session
Who Should Attend: Anyone who uses written communication on the job.
- A polished, professional image.
- Error-free documents.
- Fewer corrections and rewrites.
- Increased confidence in the accuracy of your work.
By the end of this program, you will be able to:
- List five key points to keep in mind when making grammar decisions.
- Understand and apply the most commonly misunderstood grammar rules (including subject-verb agreement, pronoun usage, and verb tenses).
- Correctly apply punctuation in order to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Use apostrophes correctly in showing ownership or contractions.
- Recognize and correct run-on sentences and sentence fragments.
- Discuss commonly misspelled or confusing words.
- Use tip lists to work faster back on the job.
- Five points to help make better grammar decisions
- The eight parts of speech
- Words that show relationships
- Groups of words
- Sentence structure
- Subject and verb agreement
- Active and passive voice
- Confusing words
- Quotation Marks
- Correcting sentence problems
- Run-on sentences
- Sentence fragments
- The top ten grammar and usage mistakes
Quinn McDonald’s expertise and her warm sense of humor make for a truly pleasurable classroom experience. Her approach to writing and grammar helps participants develop the skills necessary for powerful, effective communication on the job. Many report a new awareness of and appreciation for the power of words in writing and presentations.
Bring This Training To Your Site!
Any AGTS class can be customized and brought on-site to your organization.
For more information on this option call 480-967-7544, x3 (800-970-1270, x3 outside the Phoenix Metro area) or email our Custom Training Specialist.