The Supervisor's Academy
Now more than ever, well-trained supervisors are a must. Skilled supervisors can improve morale, lower turnover, and reduce grievances and litigation. They communicate well and help create an environment that fosters employee engagement and loyalty.
The AGTS Supervisor’s Academy covers key supervisory competencies in 14 modules presented over a 3-month period. This format allows participants time to absorb what they’ve learned and to try out new skills before moving on to the next module.
For public sector employees, the Academy serves as an entry point to ASU’s Certified Public Manager Program.
— “The Supervisor’s Academy was amazing! So much food for thought with many helpful ideas and methods.” (more)
New supervisors, soon-to-be supervisors, and more experienced supervisors who would like the benefit of formal management training.
- Reduced grievances and litigation.
- Increased supervisor confidence.
- Improved morale and lowered turnover.
- Higher productivity.
- A network of peers for ongoing support.
- Public sector participants are eligible for advanced entry to ASU’s Certified Public Manager Program (CPM).
Topics included in this program:
- Understanding and Managing Temperament/Personality Styles
- Effective Interpersonal Communication
- Teams, Team Building, and Conflict Management
- Equal Employment Opportunity
- The Hiring Process: Prepare, Interview, Evaluate
- An Introduction to Leadership
- Leading and Managing Change
- Performance Management
- Introduction and Overview
- Delegation and Motivation
- Coaching Skills
- Discipline and Corrective Action
- Valuing and Managing Diversity
- Time Management for Supervisors
- Meeting Skills
- Academy Review and Action Planning
The Supervisor’s Academy Certificate: Upon successful completion of the Academy, participants receive the AGTS Supervisor’s Academy Certificate presented by the AGTS President on the last day of class.
Bring This Training To Your Site!
Any AGTS class can be customized and brought on-site to your organization.