Survival Skills for SupervisorsA 1-Day Program for Frontline Managers
Supervision can be highly rewarding or it can be stressful and disappointing. The difference lies in a few key skills and a basic understanding of what does and doesn’t work. In this one-day “survival skills” program, you’ll learn all you need to know to get off on the right foot.
— “Tips for performance conversations were very helpful.” (more)
One 8-hour session
All frontline supervisors and those aspiring to become supervisors.
- Feel confident in your ability to manage others successfully.
- Increase group productivity and job satisfaction.
- Become more valuable to your organization.
By the end of this program, you will be able to:
- Explain the responsibilities of a supervisor.
- Organize and plan your work to accomplish work unit goals.
- Delegate effectively.
- Coach employees for improved performance and behavior.
- Characteristics of Supervision
- Unique challenges for new supervisors
- Six major responsibilities
- Your leadership role
- Planning and Organizing Work
- Learn to plan, organize, direct, and control the work
- Boundaries when to “take charge” and when to leave it to your employees
- Delegating for results
- Steps for success
- Deciding what to delegate
- Coaching–how to talk to employees about their performance
- Using a four-step model
- Strategies to ensure a successful coaching conversation
- How to get employees to follow through
- Action planning for skill development
Laura Royal takes a “best in class” approach to training. She draws from many years of experience in designing and delivering powerful, dynamic, learner-based training within corporate, non-profit, educational, and government environments. Her areas of expertise include leadership, performance management, and team dynamics.
For Laura’s full bio, click here.
Bring This Training To Your Site!
Any AGTS class can be customized and brought on-site to your organization.
For more information on this option call 480-967-7544, x3 (800-970-1270, x3 outside the Phoenix Metro area) or email our Custom Training Specialist.